Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pumpkin Cookies

Call me crazy...I hate pumpkin pie (it reminds me of baby food).  But, I love anything pumpkin if there is chocolate involved.  Which means I LOVE pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  There is the crazy easy recipe of just using a spice cake mix, chocolate chips and pumpkin.  But, I decided to embrace my inner Betty Crocker and make some from scratch (don't worry the pumpkin came from a can...I'm not that good).  I was a little concerned my kids wouldn't eat them, especially my super picky eater (monkey #2).  But, they both gobbled them down.  I had to put a couple away in a bag to save for daddy when he comes back from being out of town tomorrow.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 c shortening                                               1 1/2 c pumpkin
1 1/2 c brown sugar                                          2 1/2 c flour
1/2 c sugar                                                       3/4 t baking soda
2 beaten eggs                                                   1/2 t salt
1 t vanilla                                                          1 t cinnamon
1 t ginger                                                          2 t baking powder
3/4 c raisins (opt)
1/2 c nuts (opt)
chocolate chips (LOTS)

Cream shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.  Add remaining ingredients.  Drop on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. 
                                                                       
                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment