Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Baked Chicken Fajitas

A week ago my sister shared these on facebook, and after looking at the recipe I was sold.  A mostly clean dinner that's incredibly easy.  PERFECT!  I found this recipe here...

Ingredients
  • 10 to 12 chicken tenders or 3 to 4 chicken breast, thawed and cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 Tbs minced garlic
  • 2 tsp cumin powder
  • 2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 red bell pepper, washed and sliced into thin strips
  • 1 green bell pepper, washed and sliced into thin strips
  • 1 small sweet onion, sliced into thin strips
  • 1 can (15 oz) organic diced tomatoes, drained
Instructions
Combine lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper and pour over chicken in an airtight container. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. For best results, marinade for 2 hours rotating the container every 30 minutes to coat each chicken piece in marinade.  Preheat oven to 400.  Lightly spray 9x13 baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.  In a large bowl, combine bell peppers, onions, and diced tomatoes. Pour chicken and marinade over and stir well. Pour contents into baking dish.  Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until chicken is no longer pink. Serve on warmed tortillas with fresh salsa. 

My family (and niece that ate over) LOVED these.  And I was surprised by how easy they were.  I will definitely be making them again.  I was wishing I had some guacamole to put on top.  And just make sure to drain them a little when you are spooning them into the tortilla.  My mixture was pretty runny. 

When I put the excess in a Tupperware, my husband mentioned that the leftovers would be really good on rice.  So if you made these and were out of tortillas, you could definitely eat it on a big pile of brown rice.

I also made a peach cobbler from a recipe I found in my new ward cookbook.  We haven't eaten it yet, since I'm waiting for hubby to get home from a church meeting.  But, if we enjoy it, I'll share the recipe tomorrow.

1 comment: