Thursday, August 14, 2014

Peach Cobbler

The peach cobbler I made was a huge success.  Hubby LoVeD it!  Here is the recipe I used (it was from a ward cookbook).

1 c sugar
2 T flour
1/4 t nutmeg
4 c peaches, peeled and sliced (this was about 3 1/2 peaches for me)

Topping:
1 c sugar
1 c flour
1 t baking powder
1 t salt
1/3 c cold butter
1 egg, beaten

In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, and nutmeg.  Add peaches, stir to coat.  Pour into a greased 11x7x2 pan (I used 8x8).  For topping, combine sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.  Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.  Stir in the egg.  Spoon mixture over peaches.  Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden.  (Always good when served with ice cream)

Hubby has been hinting at some more cobbler, so I'm sure I will be making this again in the near future.  I love peach season!

No comments:

Post a Comment